Join Us on Our Journey

Join us on our journey to Cambodia! Don't panic, we aren't asking you to literally join us as we embark on a journey to Cambodia (although we wouldn't reject any offers ;-) Rather, we hope you will join us by following this blog in the years to come as we seek to glorify God by traveling almost 10,000 miles around the world to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a Kingdom that is in desperate need of hope.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Global Kingdom

13 years ago my Kingdom view was altered as I heard this song for the first time.  At One Day @ Shelby Farms, tens of thousands of students gathered on a field to worship and seek the Lord.  I was one of those thousands and the Lord found me there waiting and willing to hear from Him.  As the Passion Band began this song, I worshipped the Almighty God.  As they began to teach it to us in Swahili, I saw a Kingdom that reached further than US soil.  I saw a global mission that God had called each of His disciples to fulfill.  I heard the name of Jesus being praised in a language other than English, and I was moved.  Shortly after this encounter, Louie Giglio began speaking of a people group who was meeting secretly in Southeast Asia and was listening to the conference from across the globe.  He mentioned that he believed some were being called to go to this area to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to a lost population.  As my heart was beating faster than I had ever felt, a friend of mine touched me on the shoulder and asked if I was one of the ones who Louie was referring to.  I sobbed as God confirmed in me that I would go to the ends of the Earth to tell of His saving grace.  Now 13 years later, we sang this song in church this morning and God still uses it to remind me of His global Kingdom.  God is not an American God.  He desires all nations to come to Him.  And He desires His followers to be willing to follow Him…even to Asia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment